The government of India has warned developers against using Imported Solar modules in projects under MNRE Schemes/Programmes where Domestic Content Requirement (DCR) has been mandated (in a WTO compliant manner).
The notice published on MNRE’s website goes on to state that there were apprehensions that the DCR Policy maybe misused by way of mis-declaration and using imported modules.
The following actions will be taken by MNRE on an agency acting on behalf of mnre if violations take place :-
1) Filing of criminal case under IPC 420 and related sections
2) Blacklisting of developer for a period of 10 tears
3) Forfeiting of relevant bank guarantee
4) Disciplinary case against the officers of concerned CPSU/State Govt
5) Any other action, in addition those above
The notice can be accessed here.